How can we help?
Product import using a CSV file
CSV file requirements
Below are the CSV file requirements:
- The columns in the CSV can be named as you like, but the first column must contain the “id” (ProductID) be set.
- In addition, the field must “productName” (the product name) be supplied so that it is displayed in the matrix.
- Run a column "picture" (URL to the product picture) on.
- In the column names may no spaces and no umlauts turn up. If you want to use multiple words as a column name, they are written together and the first letter of the new word starts with a capital letter, such as “productName”.
- Text fields must be enclosed in quotation marks (“…”).
- As delimiter must semicolon ( ; ) to be used.
- The CSV file comes with the character code UTF-8 saved.
- Avoid untitled columns. If no column has no title, the CSV file cannot be imported.
The descriptions for benefits and shortDescription can be imported with cleanly formatted HTML code (e.g. "
' for bullet points.
A short list of the requirements for creating, creating and saving a CSV file.
Create CSV file
Under the following link you can download an empty CSV template for viewing.
However, for the purpose of the Getting Started ColorSelector, please use the following ready-made template. Here you can see the correct structure, the column names and product information:
Explains in a few steps how to create a CSV file.
Save Excel spreadsheet in CSV format
Here is a brief explanation of how to save an Excel spreadsheet in CSV format.
The created Excel file must be saved in CSV format before importing.
A CSV file can be saved in UTF-8 character code as follows:
1. Open Excel "blank".
2. Under "Data" click on "From Text/CSV".
3. Select and open the corresponding Excel with the products
4. Click on §Load§ in the import window
5. Save as CSV UTF-8
Relationship between the CSV file and the results page
The results page can be freely configured to a certain extent. The respective columns with the corresponding content that have been defined in the CSV file (e.g. productName, shortDescription, etc.) can be selected in the selector in the line DataSourceColumn be selected and assigned. These columns can be displayed on the results page.
basic principle: All product specific content, (e.g. texts, product images, downloadable PDFs, etc.) that you want to present on the results page must be stored in the CSV file and imported into the digitizer.
To get to the DataSourceColumn option:
First click in the left menu bar Result Page. Then select in the bar above Product Sections > AddSection .
In the drop down menu you will see the different elements that you can add to your result page. By clicking additional data For example, you can display the CSV columns benefits and shortDescription on the results page. Under DataSourceColumn you now access the contents of the columns of the CSV file.
The connection of the CSV file with the backend to the frontend looks like this:
Info: above: CSV file; left: backend or settings in the digitizer; right: frontend (product recommendation for the user)