How can we help?
Product data as CSV file
Create CSV file
To prepare your product data as a CSV file for the import, you have several options to choose from. We recommend using our Excel template, with which you can validate your column names with one click and then export the file as a CSV.
Alternatively, a CSV template is available, which you ideally use LibreOffice can open.
A NOTICE: Files in CSV format should cannot be opened and edited directly with Excel, since formatting errors can occur when saving. If you cannot use LibreOffice, we recommend downloading our Excel template. This means you can easily edit your product data directly in Excel. Then save your finished file in CSV UTF-8 character code and import it into the Digitizer under Products. If you want to update your products at a later date, use the Excel template again and then save the table as a new CSV file.
As a further alternative, you can start with a newly created Excel document, which you must save as a CSV file. Here, too, select the file format CSV UTF-8 character code when saving.
Configure results page using CSV column names
You can freely configure the results page to a certain extent. The respective columns that are named in your CSV file (e.g. productName, shortDescription, etc.) can be selected in the selector in the row DataSourceColumn be selected and assigned. These columns can be displayed on the results page.
To get to the DataSourceColumn option: Scroll down the menu under Results Page to the area Result Page Product Sections, click on AddSection and then select one of the building blocks displayed. For example, you can use the building block Title the product names (productName) and with the building block additional data display additional text such as the benefits (benefits) and descriptions (shortDescription) on the results page for each recommended product. In the Chapter to results page the other building blocks for the Result Page Product Sections are explained.
The connection of the CSV file with the backend to the frontend looks like this:
You can configure the product recommendation for the user piece by piece in the frontend. You create the necessary information in the CSV file. This is uploaded under Product Upload. Per DataSourceColumn you can access the information in the column by choosing the column label. The corresponding product information is then displayed in the frontend.
CSV file requirements
Create a working CSV file for your selector with the following requirements:
- The columns in the CSV can be named as you like, but the first column must be the unique one “id” (ProductID) be set.
- In addition, the field must “productName” (the product name) be supplied so that it is displayed in the matrix.
- Run a column "picture" (URL to the product picture) where you can enter your product images as a link to a publicly available source.
- In the column names may no spaces and umlauts happen. If you want to use several words as a column name, you can, for example, write them together with capital letters ("productName") or separate them with an underscore ("link_to_data_sheet").
- The contents of the CSV columns can be formatted with clean HTML code be imported and read out.
For example, you want product benefits on the results page as List of bullet points represent? Lists can use
paragraphs will be with <br> inserted. Download our Excel template above to see an example bullet list in column E.
- The CSV file must contain the character code UTF-8 saved and semicolon as delimiter use. Our CSV template is already saved in this format.