Product data as a CSV file
Create a CSV file
You have several options to choose from to prepare your product data as a CSV file for import. We recommend using our Excel template, with which you can validate your column names with one click and then export the file as CSV.
Alternatively, a CSV template is available that you can open in Open Office or Excel. As a further alternative, you can start with a newly created Excel document, which you have to save as a CSV file. When saving, select the file format CSV UTF-8 character code. If you want to edit an existing CSV file in an older version of Excel, you can also import the CSV file via the Excel menu bar.
Configure the results page using CSV column names
You can freely configure the results page to a certain extent. The respective columns that are named in your CSV file (e.g. productName, shortDescription, etc.) can be found in the selector in the line DataSourceColumn and can be selected and assigned there. These columns can be viewed on the results page.
How to get to the DataSourceColumn option: Scroll down in the menu under Result Page to the area Result Page Product Sections, click on Add Section and then select one of the displayed blocks. For example, you can use the Title to display the product names (productName) and with Additional data display additional texts such as the benefits and descriptions (shortDescription) on the results page for each recommended product. In the Chapter to the results page the other modules for the Result Page Product Sections are explained.
The connection of the CSV file with the Backend to the Frontend looks like this:
You can configure the product recommendation for the user in the frontend piece by piece. You create the necessary information in the CSV file and upload them under Product Upload. You can access the information in the column using the DataSourceColumn by selecting the column name. The corresponding product information is then displayed in the front end.
Requirements for the CSV file
To create a working CSV file for your selector, meet the following requirements:
- The columns in the CSV can be given any name, but the first column must be the unique "Id" (ProductID) .
- In addition, the field “ProductName” (the product name) must be included to be displayed in the matrix.
- Include a "Picture" (URL to the product picture) where you can enter your product images as a link to a publicly available source.
- In the Column names there are not allowed to be any spaces and umlauts. If you want to use several words as column names, you can, for example, put them together with uppercase letters (“productName”) or separate them with an underscore (“link_to_datasheet”).
- The contents of the CSV columns can be edited with neatly formatted <strong>HTML code</strong> imported and read out:
Lists can be with
Paragraphs are marked with <br> inserted.
- The CSV file must contain the character code UTF-8 and semicolon as separator. Our CSV template is already saved in this format.